Greetings, internet! I’ve got a pretty casual post today—this week, I stumbled upon the 30 Beauty Questions Tag and thought that it would be the perfect way to talk about makeup in general. It’s been quite a while since I last did a beauty-related post on here and I kind of missed talking about makeup. So here it is!
1. Do you remember what your first makeup item was?
Yes! Vividly even, it was a sample product of the Clinique Perfecting Powder Foundation. I was probably about 9 years old at the time! But it was only powder foundation that my mom would allow me to have back then because I was still so little.
2. Can you describe your perfect mascara? (Have you found one that is perfect?)
My idea of a perfect mascara would be the one that never smudges under my eye (I mean, it’s probably everyone’s idea of a perfect mascara) and stays on all day. This may seem a little crazy because, where do you actually even find that perfect of a mascara?! Look no further because I’ve personally found it already! It’s the L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara and I promise it won’t disappoint.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from your foundations?
Medium coverage. Because this is Manila we’re talking about, heat and humidity are both pretty much around 24/7. I can’t have a full coverage-foundation caking all over my face when the heat strikes!
4. What is your favourite drugstore (affordable) brand?
Say it with me: NYX! Or Maybelline… Maybelline has amazing foundations that are affordable.
5. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Yes and I don’t know what I’d do without them! I alter between lash extensions and magnetic lashes depending on my mood. I have small (not really super small, but to me they are small) hooded eyes and I honestly don’t feel good enough without my pair of faux lashes.
6. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Yes! Of course, I’d be lying if I said there isn’t. I can’t leave the house without my lipstick and my brows.
7. What is your most cherished beauty product?
The Too-Faced Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer. I don’t use heavy contour on my face on a daily basis because I really prefer the natural look, and this bronzer does just the perfect job for me.
8. How often do you shop for makeup? (Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots at once?)
Surprisingly, I’m pretty savvy when it comes to makeup-shopping and I often buy from sale items only and I don’t splurge. But of course I make sure it’s still a quality product. I’d rather splurge on books, honestly. I mean, call it weird or whatever but most of my budget goes solely to books… oops.
9. Do you use coupons, rewards cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Well obviously, when I have one, why not?
10. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Blushes! Gotta have them all.
11. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Zoeva but specifically their eyeshadow products!!! I definitely wouldn’t recommend that brand if you’re looking for a good eyeshadow palette, they’re too flaky and the coverage is extremely poor. I heard their other products are okay, but just from my personal experience, I wouldn’t recommend their eyeshadow.
12. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphates?
As much as I can!
13. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Ha. Glossier and Fenty Beauty!
14. What is your favourite high-end makeup brand?
Elizabeth Arden. I AM OBSESSED. It’s not just a favorite, it’s an obsession at this point.
15. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
My skin is super sensitive when it comes to new products, and to be honest most drugstore brands irritate my skin so I try to be really careful and stick to a routine. I’m okay with trying out new skincare brands that have absolutely good reviews, but when it’s something I have never heard of, I’m usually skeptical. Though I always try to be open to new things of course!
16. What is your favourite bath and body brand?
Definitely Burt’s Bees. They’re natural and cruelty-free and when it comes to bathing products, you obviously need to choose the safest brands. My personal favorite is the Burt’s Bees Body Oil With Lemon And Vitamin E.
17. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Bobbi Brown!!! Or Elizabeth Arden! Help. Can’t decide!
18. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Obviously, Sephora, but also at Beauty Bar.
19. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
You guessed it, Elizabeth Arden. Their packaging is everything and I just can’t get enough.
20. Do you have a beauty budget or you spend freely?
Budget, it’s important to always stick to a budget.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Zendaya, no doubt. And I absolutely adore her makeup skills, her eyeshadow looks are my favorite! Especially the ones she does herself.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
No, but I probably should consider joining one!
23. Can you name your 5 favourite beauty gurus?
I honestly trust only one beauty guru and that’s Sazan Hendrix. All the others are pretty mainstream and mediocre to me.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
When I was in highschool, yes. Now, I don’t use them anymore. I don’t necessarily not like them, I just prefer not to use them.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Haha, I guess with eyeshadow, yes!
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Of course!!! You can’t put on eye makeup without your primer if you want it to actually apply well on your skin.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I’m not crazy about my hair, as long as I have shampoo and conditioner with me I’m good to go.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, and then concealer.
29. Have you ever considered taking makeup classes?
I did last year! I actually wrote an entire blog post about it here. I had so much fun and would definitely take another one, a more advanced one probably, in the future!
30. What do you love most about makeup?
I love makeup because to me it’s a very therapeutic routine that I just love doing. And it doesn’t matter if I’m doing mine or others’ makeup, I just love the process of it! Also, because it easily enhances your natural beauty as long as you have the right products for you. Personally, it boosts my confidence even more and when I have makeup on, I feel more put-together, thus making me more productive.
Well, that was fun! I hope you enjoyed reading this type of post, I don’t usually do this on the blog but let me know if you would like to see more posts like this tag! ‘Till next time! 💛